Re: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD

To: "Lloyd Bell" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD
From: "Ted Bryant" <>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 08:05:10 -0500

I had to replace the original screws that connect the loading coil to the
tubing in each loading
coil assembly (LCA) on my Cushcraft 402CD.  I split the original heat shrink
and trimmed it back
only far enough to expose the screw connections.  I cleaned each connection and
used a new stainless
screw to replace the original.  Instead of using new heat shrink to
weatherproof the connections I
used alternating layers of a good grade of electrical tape, Scotch 33 or 88,
with "liquid tape".

73, Ted W4NZ