Re: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD
From: Doug Renwick <>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 20:01:53 -0600
Historically it would be best to replace the self taping SS screw and
replace it with a bolt.  I drilled the hole through with a 5/32" bit,
and used a 6-32 x 1 1/4" SS bolt and filed the bolt flush to the surface
of the nut.  I put a #6 SS flat washer on the coil and a star washer at
the nut.

On my XM240 coils I counted 67 turns.  Some have reported counting 68
turns.  Does anyone know if there was a design change or was this a
difference between the 40-2CD and XM240?

Speaking of loose screws....This was a problem even on the newer XM240
the screws were loose as shipped brand new.  Something to check before
antenna goes up in the air.

Alternatively you could use electrical tape and a silicone fusion tape
get similar results.