[TowerTalk] 40-2CD vs XM-240

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD vs XM-240
From: "Gregg Seidl" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 10:54:31 -0600
I have had both here and I "think" they are the same element wise.I did
notice that the x hats are slightly different lengths,less then an eigth
inch though.The way they mount is WAY different though with the XM much
better.No matter how tight I would clamp the 40-2CD elements they would
always rotate around the boom.That can't happen on the XM because they are
pinned.I wonder if someone had an old 40-2CD if the parts could be bought
from CC to make it into a XM by purchasing those great clamps they make?
Gregg K9KL