[TowerTalk] Mounting a Remote Antenna Switch?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, PVRC Reflector <pvrc@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mounting a Remote Antenna Switch?
From: Eric Rosenberg <w3dq@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 15:11:51 -0500 (EST)
I have an Ameritron RCS-8V I'd like to mount, along with lightning arrestors,
inside a weatherproof box that will go on the exterior wall of my house (I
don't have a tower, but do have a number of wire antennas).

My questions:

1.  Can I mount the RCS-8V with the relays facing out and not down, as one
would if it was mounted on a tower or mast?

2.  Can I use CAT5 cable for the control line? It is 4 pairs of small gauge
cable, and the switch wants 5 conductors.

Thanks,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC