Re: [TowerTalk] pl259-rg6

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] pl259-rg6
From: Jim Jarvis <>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 12:46:15 -0500
Dave, I'm just about to switch over to rg6 here, and have elected to make up
pigtails to go from one to the other.  A compression fit rg6u will fit on
rg8x, and be wxproof.   I'm basically sacrificing 1m rg8x jumpers, with
molded pl259's on the end.  6" pigtails should do the deed.

Radio shack is carrying a line of compression type connectors from Philips,
at about 2 bucks each, and a compression tool for about 12.

Hello all....I was wondering if anyone knows of a good quality crimp PL-259
that works on RG-6U???  I've been dealing with junk connectors from swaps
and I'm getting pretty sick of replacing them.