Re: [TowerTalk] RF Relay QUestion

To: "Dr. James C. Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF Relay QUestion
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 22:50:44 -0700
It depends upon what your requirements are. If you don't care about
isolation between selections and are switching at a point that always
has low voltage (maybe at the base of a vertical or something), almost
anything will work. I've used inexpensive high current automotive relays
from places like Auto Zone for that sort of thing and they work fine.
Most aren't really sealed, but they keep the dust out.

On the other hand, if you want a relay rated for high voltage and good
isolation, they don't come cheap from anyone. The ones that go into the
better remote switches fall into that category.

73,
Dave AB7E