[TowerTalk] RF Relay QUestion

Subject: [TowerTalk] RF Relay QUestion
From: Dennis OConnor <>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 05:53:05 -0800 (PST)
I just purchased a couple dozen of the project relays from WX0B for a project
  They are standard relay frames/coils that he has a jobber mount a set of RF
rated contacts on...
  They are configured for a straight through RF path, with no loops of twisted
wires, or dipsy doodles, etc..
  The contacts are flashed with copper and silver...
  They are 3PDT, so you can put the 3 in parallel for high current, low contact
resistance, etc...
  He syas he has not hipotted the contacts to the frame for really high voltage
RF stuff, but for the usual 2 KW and reasonable impedence loads it is
reliable.. He uses them in his products...
  What I discovered is that the coil end has a threaded hole in the center pole
allowing them to be solidly mechanically mounted with the contacts raised up,
as opposed to having to be soldered down to a circuit board...  This is perfect
for antenna switching with my remote control feedline tuners...
  Cheap is relative, but anything else that comes even close is $50....

denny / k8do