Re: [TowerTalk] UHF Male Crimpon for LMR-600?

To: "Andre Van Wyk" <kr5dx@yahoo.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UHF Male Crimpon for LMR-600?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:30:27 -0500

> Roger,
>
> Texas Towers sells both Crimp on and Clamp on UHF (with center soldering)
> LMR-600 connectors.

Thanks, I had only seen the $30 clamp ons there.

> I would stay away from the crimp on when it comes to LMR-600 but your
> choice.

I've been using a crimp type N-Connector with a Hex nut on LMR-600 that is
an excellent connector. Much better than any of the crip or clamp on types
that we normally use on the LMR-400/9913 types of cable. Those are what sold
me on using crimp ons. <:-)) They are also about a 1/3rd the price of the
clamp ons for LMR-600  and quick to install even with the center soldering.

Roger.(K8RI)