[TowerTalk] Crank-Up Tower Base Question

Subject: [TowerTalk] Crank-Up Tower Base Question
From: NW2M <>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 13:02:51 -0500
I installed the smaller WT-51 tower.  I contracted a tree-service
contractor who came to my QTH with a Bobcat and a 36" diameter auger
used to plant trees.  He "drilled" a 36" diameter hole 6' down in about
15 minutes.  I think the total was $115.  After 12" down, it was all
undisturbed soil to the bottom!   Then I poured 1.5 yards of concrete
into the hole.   It's been rock solid.

I agree with the other posters on getting another back hoe operator.
Back-fill is NOT undisturbed soil, so beware!