Re: [TowerTalk] Towers, and bedrock

To: Charles Gallo <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Towers, and bedrock
From: Gene Smar <>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 13:10:44 -0600 (CST)

     Merry Christmas back at ya.

     For installations in bedrock, you can use rock anchors such as shown on
this page from the Trylon tower web site: .
But you really ought to consider having a PE design your foundation based on
local soil/rock conditions with which he should be familiar.

     Good luck with the project.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: Charles Gallo <>
Date: 2007/12/24 Mon PM 01:02:31 CST
Subject: [TowerTalk] Towers, and bedrock

        First - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

There is a chance (small, but it's there) - that I will be getting a 2nd QTH in
the near future

The think is, in that general area of the country, unless you live in the
bottom of a valley, you usually hit bedrock within a foot or 2 of the surface -
and if you choose right/wrong, you often have NO soil over the bedrock (or a
couple of inches)

How do you put up a tower in that situation?

BTW I know of exactly ONE in ground pool in the area - it was put in by the
owner of the local heavy equipment and blasting company - the pool took
significant amounts of ANFO to get dug

73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

"I can call K9 "him" if I want. He's my dog. "
 -- The Doctor