[TowerTalk] Gloves and other items

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gloves and other items
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 16:11:21 -0600 (CST)
TT:

     I just got back on the ground from repairing a broken 160M shunt wire on
my tower.  (FYI - the shunt feed showed infinite SWR in the shack and out at
the tower I found one of the two shunt wires was broken at the top PVC
unsulator - of course - probably from wind whipping the insulator up and down
over the years.)

     This was the first climb since I purchased my fingerless gloves
http://store.pksafety.net/blst98fi.html .  I don't like them.  The glove
material ends at the second knuckle of each finger, just where I tend to grab
the angle steel members of my Trylon tower.  I might as well have climbed
without 'em.  I would prefer buying a pair of full-finger gloves and cutting
off the tips for better dexterity as some of you have done.

     Can anyone comment on the framer's gloves on the above web page?  What's
the difference between these and what I already have?

     Thanks and Merry Christmas.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F