[TowerTalk] Shunt fed tower verticals- risks in SO2R?

Subject: [TowerTalk] Shunt fed tower verticals- risks in SO2R?
From: Clive Whelan <>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 19:26:19 +0000
Well actually let's say any kind of tower vertical .

I'm conscious of the fact that when feeding a tower as a vertical in
SO2R configuration, that the Yagi atop the tower looks very much like a
high voltage point and can potentially feed back to the HF transceiver
causing front end receiver damage.

However, I am not aware that this is a problem in practice, and indeed
two UK users report no problems when running a shunt fed tower on 160m,
whilst simultaneously listening on HF on another receiver connected to
the yagi. I would nevertheless be in interested to hear from users here
with practical experience thereof. Should I be concerned?