[TowerTalk] RE: MA-550 groans

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: MA-550 groans
From: "Reicher, James" <>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:09:12 -0600
I personally think that ALL towers should be properly groaneded.
A tower that is not connected to groaned is subject to lightning
strikes, static discharge, and other forms of PUNishment.

Please note that my tower also groans when I get windy.  And so do my
XYL and harmonics! :)

73 de W0HV, Jim in Raymore, MO (ex-N8AU)
Light travels faster than sound...  This is why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.

Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:14:37 -0800
From: "Bruce Mendenhall" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MA-550 groans
To: <>

Anyone out there have any experience in de-groaning an MA-550 tower?
is attached to the house and groans pretty loud when it gets windy,
tnx, 73, Bruce, N6NM