Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering flex-weave

To: Martin Ewing AA6E <aa6e@ewing.homedns.org>;,Towertalk List <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering flex-weave
From: Bill Cotter <n4lg@qx.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:29:31 -0500
Martin,

When I discovered how tarnished the flexweave wire had become,
after a break in my 80M delta loop, soldering was not going to be
an option. Instead, I used a small copper split-bolt (like the
electricians use for entrance cables) with 7/16" head and nut. The
compression fit did a perfect job, and there will be no galvanic
action in the outdoors.

73 bill n4lg