Re: [TowerTalk] RG-8/RG-213 as C in gamma match

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RG-8/RG-213 as C in gamma match
From: Jan Erik Holm <>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 07:38:04 +0100
Yes this works excellent. For very high power you can use
RG217 or even RG17.
Right now I have about 10 Yagis using this type of gamma.

I´ve measured this and for me it gave much better
return loss compared to a gamma match using an inner
piece of tubing and teflon tube dielectric, that set up
also used a small machined housing for the connector,
probably that set up introduced more stray L.
I´ve measured return loss down to 40 dB or so, with the
gamma Al tube and housing it usually was around 25 dB or so.
Not that a 40 dB return loss is needed but still it´s nice.

73 Jim SM2EKM