[TowerTalk] Wench vs. Winch vs. New Year's wishlist

Subject: [TowerTalk] Wench vs. Winch vs. New Year's wishlist
From: Jim Jarvis <>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 13:50:10 -0500

Irony, n, proper,  a figure of speech intended to produce humorous
impression, or emphasize an otherwise humorless situation, in sardonic

As in,  If you ask your wench to crank that tower winch, you're gonna get
flattened with a rolling pin before you ever get the bloody antenna up!

Jeez, guys.....lighten up.   And have a happy new year!

My new year's wish list...

I want to see an article on nesting 40 and 30m moxon beams on a single boom.

I want to see someone use the "particle swarm optimization" technique, to
tweak out LPDA performance in the 14-28MHz octave.