Re: [TowerTalk] 160 RX antenna. What kind of choke?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 RX antenna. What kind of choke?
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:40:00 -0800
Colman Ahern wrote:
> Can you give some details about the choke which you added to the
> feedline?  Ferrite mix, number of turns, size of core?  At my
> receive-only location I have a very high level of RFI/EMI to deal with.
> Colman Ahern.
> Berkeley.

On the loop I recently mentioned, the feedline is coupled to
the loop matching circuit through a MiniCircuits T1-1 transformer.
This gives better feedline isolation that you can get with any
choke that I know of.  On the antenna side of the transformer,
there is a matching circuit from 50 ohms to whatever the loop
impedance is.

Rick N6RK