Re: [TowerTalk] Original Hygain/Military-Commercial Products

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Original Hygain/Military-Commercial Products
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 15:59:40 -0500 (EST)
US Antenna Products -- and their sister company US Tower Services -- are owned
by W4NRS and K3GJB.  Most of their senior managers are also hams.

The heavy rotator on K2GL's 80 meter Yagi was probably a HyGain 3503,
which is indeed a very heavy beast.

Although its medium duty cousin, the 3501, weighs over 100 pounds,
almost all of that weight is in the steel enclosure and the motor.
The 3501 gearbox weighs only about 20 pounds.  I use 3501 rotators
to turn my 150 foot rotating towers.

73
Frank
W3LPL