[TowerTalk] Cost of cement base

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cost of cement base
From: "Artmouton" <k5fnq@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:47:37 -0600
Just wondering the amount one might expect to pay for installing a base
section and the variations around the country

Rohn 55G requires 5.3 cubic yards of cement, with rebar and gravel.
The cost of digging the hole (back too far gone at this stage)
and the cement job is estimated to be about $1,400.

Is this totally out of line or within reason.

My last tower was installed as part of an addition to my house so there was
no way to figure cement cost (and that was quite a few years ago anyway)
Art K5FNQ