Re: [TowerTalk] kt34xa flat swr

To: towertalk@contesting.com, mike_kn9t@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] kt34xa flat swr
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 09:28:45 EST

In a message dated 12/31/2007 9:48:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  I new there was something wrong with my kt34xa when I had  trouble with
the linear on 15 meters. 20 and 10 meters work fine . The swr is  as always.
But
15 is 1.1 to 1 except at band edges where it goes up just a  little. Haven't
been on 15 for a long time so don't know when it started.  Could it be the
balun or maybe something just came loose. Never had a swr on a  beam go
completely flat on one band just the opposite really  high.

         I don't see the  problem. Where are you measuring the swr? To
eliminate any possible problems,  measure the swr at the end of the coax before
it
goes in to anything else.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC