Re: [TowerTalk] shrink tubing & coax connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] shrink tubing & coax connectors
From: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 02:38:47 +0000
OK, so which is the brand we should use for outdoor cables and where do we
buy it ?

73, Dick, W1KSZ/7

> From: K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net> To: towertalk@contesting.com> Date: Wed, 2
> Jan 2008 21:14:01 -0500> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] shrink tubing & coax
> connectors> > > > > >> > In a message dated 1/2/2008 1:09:24 P.M. Pacific
> Standard Time,> > towertalk-request@contesting.com writes:> >> >> I don't
> understand the need to use adhesive heat shrink. We still have> > to
> tape/coaxseal or whatever to make the waterproof the connection. Why> > are
> we worrying about the heat shrink? Isn't the heat shrink just > > cosmetic?>
> > > and> > stretches - so what you wind up with is weatherproofing that
> isn't> > weatherproof. Some people use it mistakenly thinking it provides > >
> weatherproofing and> > it doesn't.> > The 3-M stuff works very well and runs
> about $10 per length (between 3 and 4 > feet.)> > Roger (K8RI)> >> > If you
> use one of the current RF-type heatshrinks, they're quite good.> > The rubber
> is thicker and
  more resistant to UV plus the glue inside > > melts and> > really holds it on
the connector. The glue seals it pretty well against> > water incursion. It's
really good stuff and not inexpensive.> >> > Cheers,> > Steve K7LXC> > TOWER
top rated recipes> >
(http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)> >