[TowerTalk] Pop Rivets

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pop Rivets
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:11:43 -0600
I am doing some antenna work and seemed to remember a discussion about the
1/8" pop rivets that Force 12 uses in their antennas. Is the some special
type of pop rivets or are they the ones that you can get over at Home
Depot/Lowes?

Incidentally, I remember a lot of talk about the pop rivets "wallowing out"
and getting loose. The C3E I took down has been at 125 feet for about 5
years and there is no evidence of that at all even though we do have our
share of wind here about 75 miles from the Texas coast.

Bill, W5VX