Re: [TowerTalk] [YCCC] Soldering old copper antenna wire?

To: barockteer@aol.com, yccc@yccc.org, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [YCCC] Soldering old copper antenna wire?
From: "w1eqo@shaysnet.com" <w1eqo@shaysnet.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 23:52:03 -0500
I use:

The scrape method with an Xacto knife, slow but effective,
A file, typically a depth cutter chain saw file, or similar 1/2" fine tooth
flat file, and
Ocassionally activated liquid rosin flux if the oxidation isn't too thick.

To me the big issue is having enough heat to solder outdoors. Here I use a
300W American Beauty. If I find it someday, I'll be using a 500W model.

A long, heavy, extension cord is also a help.

Jim, W1EQO