Re: [TowerTalk] Quad antenna matching which is best gamma match orusing

To: KZ4USA <videorov@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Quad antenna matching which is best gamma match orusing coax matching sections for bands that need it.
From: "Joe Giacobello, K2XX" <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:28:27 -0500
I agree with Norm and others that the quarter wave 72 ohm matching
sections are simple and effective for matching a typical two element
quad.  Although most of my experiences are with four element quads, it
is likely that your six element quad has a feed impedance in the
vicinity of 50 ohms to start with.  My observation has been that when
going to four elements, the impedance generally drops to around 50 ohms.

It would be worthwhile to model your quad in order to see just what the
impedance is.  You might be able to make some adjustments to element
lengths, if necessary, to push it toward 50 ohms without sacrificing
performance.

73, Joe
K2XX