Re: [TowerTalk] Interaction between yagis on the same mast

To: "Gary Slagel" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Interaction between yagis on the same mast
From: "Chet Moore" <>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 11:55:03 -0500
Hi Gary,

I have my C31XR at 93 feet. My XM-240 is below it (as recommended by the
HFTA program for EU) at 73 feet on a gate.  with 20 feet of separation I
have noticed no interactions Even when all 3 antennas are pointed in the
same direction or when they are offset.  For Sweepstakes last year,  since I
also have a C4 here,  I put that up below the XM-240 for SS on another  gate
at about 42 feet. The C31 and C4 were NOT phased and since the C4 20 m
elements barely had room to turn underneath  the top guy wire, I was unable
to put the 40M element on the C-4 so it functioned as a C3E.  I had no
interactions between any of these antennas that I could detect. When I spoke
to N6BT he  recommended at least 13 feet between the C31 and the XM240..

press on regardless

Chet  N4FX