[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TowerTalk] RTV? What Kind?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RTV? What Kind?
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:26:29 EST
List-post: <>
In a message dated 2/5/2008 6:14:59 P.M. Greenwich Standard Time, writes:

The  professional, rubbery, tacky sealants that are often used in Cell Site  
installations, and come in a roll/sandwich paper can often be had for the  
asking at any cell site under construction.  
The pros sometimes refer to this black, tacky stuff as "monkey snot".   Be 
sure you have everything 100% OK at the connection before applying.   Although 
the stuff really works, it is a PITA to get off once it's on the  fitting.
That being said, the Andrews gooey stuff can be had really cheap at  hamfests 
if you keep your eyes open.  I picked up a bunch of it at Dayton a  couple of 
years ago for a buck a roll.
Bill  KH7XS/K4XS


**************Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.     

TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>