[TowerTalk] RFI - FOUND!

To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RFI - FOUND!
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 18:37:06 -0500
All,

The RFI problem has been resolved. It turned out to be a charger for an
electric motorbike left on cycle mode. The power company investigator
left a note on my door explaining what it was. I don't have the details
as to what kind of motorbike or charger, but I will pass that
information along when I get it. The owner of the motorbike (a neighbor
located 500 feet from me) unplugged the charger.

It was nice to turn on the HF rig and not hear that noise. The issue was
taken care of within 48 hours thanks to LIPA inspector Mike Malinowski
(N2QOY). I also received an e-mail from local ARRL Section Manager Tom
Carruba (KA2D) and ARRL Technical Coordinator Steve Barreres (K2CX)
offering their assistance. Good to know we're not alone.

I have a recording of the noise and can e-mail the file if anyone would
like to hear it.

Thanks to all -- please reply direct.

Tony -K2MO