Re: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD SWR problem

To: <wc1m@msn.com>, "'Tower'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD SWR problem
From: "N2TK" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 06:47:55 -0500
Hi Dick,
I had this problem many years ago with a 40-2CD. It turned out to be
corrosion between the coil and element. I cut back the covering over the
coil so the screw was exposed. There was corrosion with every screw. I took
out the screw, cleaned the element and coil ends. I drilled a hole through
the element, applied anti-corrosion stuff and used ss hardware. I used
shrink tubing over the screw area. That solved my problem.

I have also seen this problem with relays. Burnishing or replacing  the
relay took care of it.

Also saw this with corrosion with the coax shield in the PL-259.

GL

N2TK, Tony