[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk : guy wire covers

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk : guy wire covers
From: Jim Lux <>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 06:48:42 -0800
List-post: <">>
Roger (K8RI) wrote:
> Alain Michel wrote:
>> Along the same lines as Henry Gillow-Wiles, you can also use the black, 1/2" 
>> pvc irrigation pipe [used for drip irrigation], which is available at 
>> Lowe's, Home Depot and just about all plant nurseries. It comes in a 50' and 
>> 100' roll.
>> It is very flexible, very inexpensive and this stuff you can slit with a 
>> "utility" or sheet rock knife. It too is uv resistant.
>> Alan...KI6HPO
>> From: Henry Gillow-Wiles 
>> Subject: [TowerTalk] guy wire covers
>> I use cheap 1/2 inch pvc pipe that I slit with a table saw, put over the 
> I want  something bright and attention getting. Bright yellow preferably 
> as it indicates safety. From that approach Ive used Yellow high pressure 
> hose split lengthwise and slipped over the guy line.

Finally, a use for those old orange air hoses...

But realistically, if one were going out to buy it new, the actual 
purpose designed guy guard/marker things at $6 each are probably 
cheaper, and certainly a lot less work.  They're also physically larger, 
and more visually noticeable.

TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>