Re: [TowerTalk] Fees for Amateur Radio

To: "'WD0M'" <>, "'J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT'" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fees for Amateur Radio
From: "David Jordan" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:51:52 -0500
Haha...people in this country pay upwards of $120 a month just to watch TV -
the vast wasteland of colorized pixels...and that crowd is now spending a
few thousand dollars each for HDTV sets...its not the cost that is the
source of the decline in the hobby.  Its just the way it was a
big deal 50-60 years ago, it was high tech...its not high tech anymore...and
with cellular people can communicate anywhere anytime for pennies...

Enjoy it for what it still beats collecting stamps ;-)