[TowerTalk] Up 60' with Rohn 55

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Up 60' with Rohn 55
From: "Artmouton" <>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:25:16 -0600
To follow up from the previous post on the construction of the base section
and cost, this last weekend, with the help of three very good friends -
local hams (NG5X and N5AN) and my base contractor (my non-ham wife's cousin
who wanted to see how the heck we would get the tower up). I am now up 60'
with my rock solid Rohn 55G.

It is a thing of beauty and, thanks to a large live oak tree, is also not
too bad of a problem for the neighbors although they keep asking if it will

Now to get the rotator and beam on the top and get back to serious DX
chasing (I have 8 to go)

Thanks for the input and help from the list on the base section construction
73, Art K5FNQ