Re: [TowerTalk] water in coax

To: "'Gene Smar'" <ersmar@verizon.net>, "'Towertalk List'" <towertalk@contesting.com>, "'Martin Ewing AA6E'" <aa6e@ewing.homedns.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] water in coax
From: "Daron Wilson" <daron@wilson.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:34:39 -0800
Actually it is both.  I've installed and serviced both.  If you have a short
run of not too large heliax such as 7/8 inch, pressurizing the feedline (and
often the antenna depending on the design) with nitrogen is not a problem.
If the system is in pretty good shape, I've seen the tank of nitrogen last
for a couple years.  Of course...one bad o ring on the antenna joints, or
some physical damage to the heliax and that tank will go in a hurry.

At any rate, both are used in the broadcast industry.

73
N7HQR