[TowerTalk] Copper Clad or Hard Drawn Wire for Quad?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Copper Clad or Hard Drawn Wire for Quad?
From: NPAlex@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 22:01:02 EST
Rob,
There are several conditions that may determine the best choice. In general
I would recommend the hard drawn, stranded wire as the best choice as being
all  copper there is little to degrade.  A copper clad wire is much stronger in

tensile strength (2 to 3 time) but the copper clad can erode in just one
season depending on the environment.  Close to the Sea, or in an industrial
environment copper clad does not fair well.  Dry plains, desert and  mountain
areas where heavy winds can prevail it's strength pays off.

Again I like solid copper conductors, as I think they do better  overall-
these where my conclusions when those wire choices were made for  Cubex Company
when I owned it.

Regards,
Norm W4QN

Message: 8