Re: [TowerTalk] Using an MFJ ATM-65 65' Mast

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using an MFJ ATM-65 65' Mast
From: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:31:54 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Is anyone here on the list actually using one of the MFJ ATM-65 65' masts? I'd
be interested in putting up one of those on my garage roof as the center
support for an 80-Meter inverted vee (fed with ladder line so that I can use it
on all bands.) Any recommendations for guy wires, guy lengths broken up by
insulators, base supports, etc? I'd hate to put something like this up and find
out it's too flimsy to support the inverted vee for more than a temporary
"field day weekend" kind of use. It would be nice if it would also support a
2-Meter or 440-MHz ground plane (like a Hustler G7 or similar), but maybe
that's pushing it.
LJ