Re: [TowerTalk] RG8X rf power levels?

To: Van K7VS <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RG8X rf power levels?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 07:26:05 -0500
You will get different answers from different people depending on
their success or lack of it with RG8X.

My experience:

Used a 100'+ run of buried RG8X to feed a 3-element vertical array on
40m using a Dentron DTR2000L [8877] amplifier for over 12 years with
NO problems.

Plan on using the spool of RG8X I have to feed my 80m 3-element
vertical array when the weather allows me to dig holes and pour

I prefer to use RG213 or equivalent for 20m or higher.

Not sure what I will use for the 3-element 30m yagi I will be erecting
this year, but leaning toward using up the RG8X due to the low power
PERMITTED on that band.

Good luck