Re: [TowerTalk] inverted L tower mounting

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] inverted L tower mounting
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 21:27:09 -0000

Those towers are inevitably going to be a parasitic part of your 160m
antenna system.  If you have a modeling capability you could look at it, or
if like me you could just hang an inverted L up there and see how it works.

The apex of my quarterwave L is hung from a 55 ft tower on a 5 ft rope and
runs out some 80 ft horizontal to a tree.  The base and feed point is on a
fence post 20 ft from the tower.  So I have a 50 ft run at about 10 degrees
off vertical.  The yard and pasture fences give me a year round impedance
ground, and In winter I lay out a dozen or more radials.  I have no
quantitative measure of performance but I seem to be competitive with other
LP stations in my area.

good luck and 73, Jim w3cp