[TowerTalk] Homebrew Exothermic Mold

Subject: [TowerTalk] Homebrew Exothermic Mold
From: David Gilbert <>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 21:31:53 -0700
I wanted to make several Cadweld-type connections (#4 copper wire to 5/8
inch ground rod) for my tower ground system, and I since I had already
obtained a bunch of the weld metal powder on eBay I wanted to use a
standard graphite mold instead of buying a bunch of One-Shots.  Not
knowing my way around the industrial websites (and not wanting to set up
a commercial account just for that purpose) I decided to try to
fabricate my own mold.  The result may look a bit clumsy but it works.
For the non-squeamish, details can be viewed at:

Dave   AB7E