Re: [TowerTalk] Traps and traps - dipping again into the pool ofknowledg

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Traps and traps - dipping again into the pool ofknowledge
From: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 00:23:21 -0600

Art,

I'm not sure what trap A is, but there should definitely be a coil inside;
just not visible with the cover in place.

There is a rivet or screw at one end of the cover which attaches the cover
to the element making the cover one plate of the capacitor of the trap.

Remove the rivet and you can slide off the cover exposing the complete
aluminum tubing-insulator with coil-aluminum tubing assembly.

Read the notes I put together when I refurbished one of my A3's a few years
ago.  It's still up in the air and working FB.

http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u/a3refurb.txt

73 and good luck

Dale, kg5u