[TowerTalk] Big Boy Tower - PORTABLE

To: "TowerTalk" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Big Boy Tower - PORTABLE
From: "Mark -AA6DX" <AA6DX@ARRL.NET>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 00:01:08 -0800
For those who don't like lightweight aluminum towers ....

http://tinyurl.com/yv89f7

Hmmm  - wonder if this could get past covenents, only erect during contesting
season?   Portable set up for state QSO party?

Naw.... think I will keep my Alumna crank up,carried on my luggage rack ...
Now have a Casita trailer (de W6ISO) to keep my body out of the wx, cooking,
etc. -- Have to figure how I can incorporate using the trailer hitch to hold
the tower, taking the trailer loose to access the receiver hitch not a problem.
Or, to the trailer's tongue, which would be better yet, so as to free the Ford
Exploder to make runs to replace used 807s, and like that.  Have the mast
mount, under the tire holder, like that ... but thinking!  Luckily, one of my
son-in-laws is an owner of a large muffler shop in Redding, specializes in
custom exhausts, so if I can dream it up, he can build it!   Have the Alumna
2-section forty footer.
Just thinking, while awaiting new knee replacement healing ... have them both
done now, Doc says no ladders or towers, but what does he know?
73   Mark  AA6DX -- Eureka, FAR Northern California