[TowerTalk] Tri-Ex LM 354HD Info Needed

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex LM 354HD Info Needed
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:45:12 -0500
Now that I have the LM354HD resting safely in my front yard, I need some
guidance as to how old it is.  The serial number is 65735 and the tower
still have the yellow stickers on the vertical tubes that warn about
erecting too close to electrical lines.  Can you tell by the serial number
what the age of the tower is?

Also. I need to buy some new bolts to attach the tower to the base and to
the tilt over section.  A few came with the tower and they are 3/4" 10 TPI
and are 2-1/4" long not counting the head of the bolt.  Some of the nuts
have "H2" on them which I assume is a class 2 bolt.  I looked in
McMaster-Carr and they don't carry hot dipped galvanized bolts that have a
class 2 rating.  I would think that the higher than standard grade of bolt
is more important than the galvanized coating.  Anyone have a source where I
can buy them?  I need about 20 nut and bolt combos.  The nuts that I do have
measure 1-1/4" across the flats which is larger than standard.

On another subject, I have a 205BAS antenna and I once ran the dimensions
through YO to optimize its performance.  I wonder if anyone has some
"tweaked" dimension for this antenna?  I remember thinking about putting it
up as a 4 element on the 34' boom to reduce wind loading and perhaps get
improved gain performance out of it.

Your comments/info will be greatly appreciated.

Bob Maser  W6TR