Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ANTENNA HEIGHT
From: Edward Sylvester <>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 17:18:08 -0800 (PST)
My opinion is that, at treetop level, you will be ok with a Steppir, as the
take off angles will be high enough to miss the trees....But if you are well
below (50' tower below 70' trees), you will signal will suffer some
attenuation.  A quad won't suffer as much due to its closed circuit design.
  I have a Steppir, too but it's in the clear.  Best of luck.
  Ed NI6S

Joe <> wrote:
  My 4L SteppIR is at treetop level - on a 55 foot tower. I've worked 307
entities in about 4 years - SWR is flat across the bands, including 40,
and 30M is about 1.5 or so to 1. A SteppIR will work wonders, and the
tower height should of little impact.

Good luck!

Joe Hannigan - WDØM
Pagosa Springs, CO