[TowerTalk] ANTENNA HEIGHT

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ANTENNA HEIGHT
From: "Larry Schimelpfenig" <larryk7sv@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 11:11:05 -0400
I had a KT34XA at 55 ft with poplars and pines extending ten to twenty feet
above it and all around it. Worked great. I increased the tower by another
10 feet and it worked even better. I attribute the improvement to better
take off angle because it was still below the crowns of the trees.

One problem I did have, is when a gustnado came through here about five
years ago one of the taller pines bent over enough that the tip caught the
reflector on the tribander and damaged it.

Put your antenna up and have fun!

73 de Larry K7SV