[TowerTalk] TH7DX and 80M loop interaction

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH7DX and 80M loop interaction
From: "KLM" <kenmar11@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:53:42 -0800
Hi all, firstly... things are good in the Canadian North. There is only 16"
of snow in the yard to melt before antenna season starts and the female half
of the Northern human species have once again shed their parkas 8)   It will
very soon be project time !
        Query :  I spend nights on 80m and enjoy tri band DX in the days. I
have exactly enough room to hang a full wave 80m skywire loop around the
complete perimeter of my back yard.It should suit my purposes nicely. Now
the tricky part : I have purchased a TH7DX and I want to errect it and my
55' crank up. With the surrounding 80m loop the question is, where to put
the tower? The loop height can be up to 50' max and the TH7 will ideally be
at 60' or so.What will happen to either antenna, if I put the tower inside
the loop (centered) and perhaps crank it right down to 30' at night to use
the loop? What about say, the loop at 40' and the TH7 at 60' for DX during
the day?  Is there a decent way to get both of these antennas in the same
space? Go ahead, be short and brutal if it's a real can of worms... A fellow
can't have everything . The only other options I see are : Tower just
outside the loop (about 5'and inconvenient) or tower in the front yard with
associated alimony payments 8(
As always I await the great input this list is known for.
73
Ken
VE7KWA