Re: [TowerTalk] I.C.E - Company for Sale

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] I.C.E - Company for Sale
From: "Edward" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 03:22:59 -0500
If you look at the numbers, it paints a picture.  Started in 1989 with
$12 million in sales total.  That means the average year is about
$650,000 in sales volume.  Today its less than half that.  Also, if
250,000 of the coaxial surge protectors are in service and you figure
that the average price of one has been about $30 or $35 each of the
period (they are currently $40 - $50), then over 2/3rds of the sales has
been that one product.  Which was patented.  When was it patented?
Interesting that patents are good for 17 years and the company is for
sale about 19 years after inception.

I agree with Dick, WC1M's range and its likely on the low end of the
range.$200k - $350k value.

It's a shame to see a good reputation company like I.C.E. close down but
even more of a shame to see someone pay 10 times the value and hope that
the amateur community is going to support their mistake.

Sounds like Peter Dahl did this a heck a lot better than I.C.E. is
doing.

Ed  N1UR