Re: [TowerTalk] 40/30 Beams

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40/30 Beams
From: "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:30:22 -0400
There's another possible option, and I haven't analyzed it but if
someone's interested it's a pretty easy process in EZNEC

Start with a 40m Moxon... on 30m use relays to switch a loading
capacitor in the reflector to get good directional properties and an
L-network at the feedpoint to match it.

I'll work it up tonight.  I actually built one for 20/17m and it works well.

http://www.n3ox.net/projects/2017moxon

I also analyzed a 10/12 version  and it works.

I'll check out the 40/30 version and get back to the group.

It's pretty simple if you use a boom & aluminum elements... you only
need to split and insulate the reflector too.  The Moxon is already
somewhat compact on 40...

Dan