Re: [TowerTalk] Radial length

To: "Towertalk" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radial length
From: "Tom Osborne" <>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:00:10 -0700
Thanks Larry.

I don't have the antenna book, but I do have the LBDX'ing book here.  Of
course, the recommended length there is 125 feet.

I have about 40 radials from 30 to 60 feet (used to be where one of my 40
meter verticals sat) and I added 3 more around 100 feet long.  Will add more
as I get the wire ready.  Kinda hard clomping around throught the boonies in
the rain!!

If anyone lives close to a vacuum cleaner repair shop, that is a good place
(can you say cheap--free) to pick up old power cords about 30 feet long.  I
have about 20 of them and just started peeling the outer jackets off.  Only
takes a few minutes to strip the outer jacket and unwind the wires.  73