[TowerTalk] jacking tower sections apart

To: "towertalk" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] jacking tower sections apart
From: "Its from Onion" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:15:17 -0500
We used to have a small pump up cylinder jack with a couple of flat bars welded
to top and bottom just  for this.
Plenty of 'lift' in just the right spot.

Got a few questions for the group
    Is there some tool to use to get stuborn Rohn 25/45 sections apart?
    I'm going to get a new climbing harness,fall arrest and postioning
straps in a day or 2 from our reflectors sponser.My question is this;when
you are on the top plate of your tower and all you have above you is your
mast,how do you "tie" off to that.I thought about taking a couple of
U-clamps and a link from a LARGE chain and clamping that.Anybody else have
    Is there a tool that helps get stuborn Rohn 25/45 together?       Thanks
Gregg K9KL