Re: [TowerTalk] Weather/water proofing aluminum tube ends

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Weather/water proofing aluminum tube ends
From: "Jeff Carter" <kd4rbg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:25:50 -0400
Who's Joe?

I am beginning to understand that this antenna is a dividing line
between folks who understand antenna theory and those who do not.  I
certainly will never recommend it to anyone who does not possess the
adequate skill level to rebuild the traps, the proper test equipment
to verify the results, and the patience to READ.

I can't remember a single thing marketed to the amateur radio
community that has had more outright silly things said about it.  I
have also learned that if I say "Cushcraft R7" on any ham reflector,
I'll get five or six nonsense replies, guaranteed.  God, how the
appliance operators hate this antenna!

I think I'm going to start buying these and refurbishing them.
They're a cakewalk if you know antennas, and apparently a heartbreak
if you do not.

Thanks for your response,

Jeff/KD4RBG