Re: [TowerTalk] LMR and CNT

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR and CNT
From: "Rob Atkinson" <>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:22:45 -0500
My advice--if you are considering going with LMR or CNT and the cost of a
run of one of them, you may as well spend a bit more and go with 1/2 inch
heliax LDF4-50 and get it over with.   There's always this debate about how
on HF the reduced loss isn't enough to make it worth it but that's not the
point--the stuff is almost indestructible with its jacket and solid shield
it would probably jam a wood chipper and you'd be done with feedline
forever.   If you don't care about that go with 213.   I have never really
understood why anyone bothers with the times microwave coax.  All that
expense for a feedline that is not all that robust.

rob / k5uj