Ever since I had a problem after converting my KT34XA to a KT36XA, I have been
collecting KT34XA/KT36XA element resonant frequency data from various sources.
The results (which now include K1KP's data) can be downloaded from:
My measurement technique was to remove each element from the boom and suspend
about 15 feet off the ground. For each element, I opened up the center straps
that it looked like a center-fed dipole. For the driven elements, I removed the
balun. I connected a Palomar noise bridge mounted at the center of each element
with lead lengths as short as possible. I tuned to the frequency that the
reactive component was 0.
As to your 15 meter problem, I would recommend adjusting the reflector
dimensions to bring the resonant frequency down below the band.
TowerTalk mailing list